The Best Back to School Essentials
It’s finally time to brush the dust off the ol’ noggin and start thinking about algorithms and deadlines again.
Many of you are about to embark on one of the greatest adventures in your life. College. Those four (for most 4+) years are some of the best!
Now on this journey there are a few necessities. Let me break it down for ya!
1. Laptop – Let me introduce you to your best friend. I don’t see how anyone can make it throughout college without a laptop. I made the big switch to a Mac laptop when I went to college. It took some getting used to, but I love it! I had the 13” MacBook Pro in college, and got the MacBook Air after I graduated.
2. Rain Boots – You are going to be doing a lot of walking on campus, so invest in some rain boots. Class doesn’t cancel just for a little rain…or snow. There will be puddles out the ying-yang so if you don’t want to look like a frog avoiding all the mini ponds, get yourself a pair.
3. Hand Sanitizer – I may sound like a germ freak, but put this in your bag. You are going to be in close proximity to a bunch of people, and once someone gets sick on campus it comes at you like a wave. So after your sniffling lap partner hands back your pen, burn it, and then douse yourself in sanitizer.
4. Leggings – Another companion to the rain boots are a good pair of leggings. When you don’t want to do anything but lay in bed when the alarm clock blares, at least you can be comfy and still look cute. Pop into STB in the fall to find fleece (yes, fleece) lined leggings at a dirt cheap price. You will even have enough money left over to get that cup of joe.
5. Water Bottle – Stay hydrated, folks. It can be easy to forget to drink water when you are downing coffee (or other choice beverages). This cute Ashley Brooke Designs tumbler is available in store and online!
6. Planner – This was my life saver! I kept my planner on me darn near everywhere I went. It made it easy to check when deadlines were and kept me organized. At the beginning of the semester I would write down any important dates from my syllabus in it so I wouldn’t be unprepared.
With these mini life-savers, you are sure to be prepared for college!